TeenPact Wyoming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TeenPact Wyoming

A forum dedicated to help TeenPact Wyoming attendees keep in touch.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sermon notes

Go down 
+2
Rachel P.
Brooke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Hey everybody! I thaught it would be really cool if we all took notes of our pastors' sermons on Sundays and then tell everybody about it. You could take note on his jokes he tells or analogies or just the little things most people wouldnt pick out but are just absolutly breathtaking. I think it would be cool but maybe a little time consuming. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Rachel P.

Rachel P.

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:14 am

That would be a lot of fun, we could learn all kinds of things this way. And writing things down is a good way to remember them anyway, so you kill two birds with one stone.
My church has services on Wednesday evenings too, so if you wanted me to take notes on those I could do that.
Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:14 am

YOu can take ALL the notes you want! hahaha Very Happy I think it will be a ton of fun with everybody too. We can all see what everybodys pastors are like. Wink That would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Kylee Gaukel

Kylee Gaukel

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:27 pm

This is a great idea!!!! My pastor is a little long winded!!! Laughing Laughing So the notes might be a little long Laughing
I can't wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:04 am

@Kylee-Awesome! Then we can get a double hit! Very Happy I am REALLY excited to see what everybody has next Sunday. Wink
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:47 pm

Great idea!! I sort of did that in the Songs and Scripture thread.

My pastor is so hilarious! bounce

I can't wait for church!!

That reminds me of a song,

"Sunday" (Tree63)
Back to top Go down
Kylee Gaukel

Kylee Gaukel

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:29 pm

I won't get to go to church this Sunday so no sermon notes from me. Crying or Very sad
I can't wait to see what you are learning!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:40 pm

I am not going to be able to take notes on the sermon because I am teaching but i will get a cd and take notes when I get home. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:12 pm

I filled 7 note cards with sermon notes today. My pastor is currently in Seattle working with a mission organization that my church is involved with, so the youth pastor (his son in-law) preached today.

Family?
Wife and kids?
Hobbies?
Jobs?
Businesses?

Our lives reflect what we invest in, good or bad.
Some couples invest so much into their kids that when their kids leave, they don't know each other as well as they thought. We need to be balanced in who we invest in, to maintain relationships all around us; not with just a few people.

How much time do we invest with God? Is it enough?

Matthew 13:44-46
44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.

45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls.46 When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

How many people invest in things that depreciate? Like a car for example. They wear out and start to rust after a few years. No matter how much you spend on them, they will be worth "ahunerd bucks rabbit " some day.

A lot of people (including myself) tend to take our relationship with God for granted, but we need to continue to invest into our relationship with God. We will always have to work on it, there's those road blocks to climb over.

God placed a craving in every man to have a relationship with Him. Some try to fill that craving with earthly possessions or pleasures when they really need God.
A funny analogy the pastor used, "When your craving a slice of prime rib, you don't fill that craving with a veggie burger. Laughing "

The only thing that we can take with us when we leave this world is our salvation, and it starts with investing in our relationship with God.
Back to top Go down
Rachel P.

Rachel P.

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:06 pm

That's really awesome Avery. I know that investing in my relationship with God is something I need to work on.
My note-taking skills are not very good yet, but I got all the main points.
We've been going through 1 Corinthians at my church on Sunday mornings. The last few weeks, we've talked about the varieties of spiritual gifts and the building up of the body of Christ. Today was 1 Corinthians 12:27-31:

27 Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it.

28 And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.

29 All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers of miracles, are they?

30 All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they?

31 But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way.

God has appointed all the members of the church for different jobs and has given them the gifts to be able to carry out those tasks. All our gifts are different, but they were made to work together. When we are all working like we should and cooperating with the other believers, that is what makes the body of Christ. There are many members, each with a different job (you can read about that in the first part of the chapter) but they all end up accomplishing one purpose. You can't pick and choose your spiritual gift. It's not like you can go down to the Christian book store and ask for tongues or prophecy, God gives you your talents and gifts as He sees fit.
"God has appointed... first apostles, second prophets, third teachers..." This does not appear to be an order of events, like first, God sent the apostles to start the church, then the prophets to grow the church, then the teachers to maintain the church. That doesn't make sense because there were prophets before there were apostles. In these verses, it seems more like an order of priorities, the ones that build up the body most coming first.

Apostles:
An apostle is a messenger or one sent out. Some people would say that only the original twelve apostles, Paul and Matthias were apostles. However, there are a bunch of people in the New Testament who were referred to as apostles. (he had a list of names and references, but I didn't have time to write them down) Judging by the definition of the Greek word, God is still gifting people to be apostles today, but they are more commonly known as missionaries. (the word missionary doesn't even appear in the Bible)

Prophets:
A prophet is one inspired by God through the Holy Spirit to deliver a message for a specific purpose. Prophets appear all throughout the Bible, Old and New Testaments. There are prophets in the end times (Acts 2:17, Rev. 11:3), but some people think that the gift of prophecy is not around today, but will come back in the end. Prophecy is one of those gifts that is easily abused, there are lots of people who say they're prophets, but haven't received a message from God.

Teachers:
A teacher is one inspired by God through the Holy Spirit to explain the truths of the Bible in an understandable way. When my pastor was a new believer, he was looking at a verse with someone much older in the faith. The other believer said he had never understood that verse, then Shaun just looked at it and explained it. The other guy was shocked and asked how he knew that. He looked at him and said, "It says so right there in the verse!" He believes that God has given him the gift of teaching (and I agree).

After these, there's what he called the "then list."
Then...
Miracles
gifts of healings
helps
administrations
various kinds of tongues

He pointed out that speaking in tongues is last on both the lists (verses 8-10 and verse 28) it talks more about that in chapter 14.

Earnestly desire the greater gifts, the ones that will build the church up. That doesn't mean adding numbers, though that is a good thing. Building up the church is strengthening what is already built, what is already there. We should be using whatever gifts God has given us for the edification of the people around us, especially the other believers. Our gifts are useless unless we are using them for other people, out of love (it talks about that in the next chapter). God gave us our gifts so we could serve with them, not use them for ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Rachel P.

Rachel P.

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Yeah, I know, that was a little long. Razz
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Wow! something funny I just noticed, these notes can all connect somehow. God is so amazing.

Remember the fruits of the Spirit: cherry Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Goodness, Kindness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self control.
Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Wow! Thanks Avery and Rachel for taking notes!! Very Happy I was teaching and Tyler forgot to get a cd so I dont know what the message was about. Sad But oh well I can get alot from all of your guys' notes!! Very Happy Very Happy I LOVE seeing how different everyones pastors are and yet they are all exactly alike. Wink I guess that is kinda a God thing because all people are made completely different in thier unique ways but at the same way all christians have everything in common...Jesus Christ!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Barnsdale

Alyssa Barnsdale

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Plan of attack for life   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 1:18 pm

These notes did not come from a Sunday sermon since we are currently taking a break from church, but it is almost the same thing. The youth night my sister and I went to yesterday was great so I thought I would share!

Most of us have a plan for what we want to do in the future. Whether that means saving for a new car, buying a home, or studying and planning for a career. How much time do we invest in planning for our earthly future? If your answer is anything like mine, it is TONS!!! That might include searching for colleges, looking into trade schools, or just simply working all the time so you have money to spend on whatever... This is the question that really hit me though. How much time do we spend investing in our spiritual future. Do we spend it in God's word seeking everyday for an answer from him? Or do we just get by with a small devotional or Bible reading a day? If we would spend as much time looking how to fulfill God's plan for our life as we do for our own plan of attack, there would be a lot better Christians out there and maybe even have a lot more come to salvation.

I know a lot of you are WAY better when it comes to getting into your Bible and studying the truth than I am. I think everyone can use this wake up reminder though.

When I heard this, it really woke me up to the fact that I don't spend nearly as much time as I should trying to further God's kingdom. Something else that came to mind though was this. This message was such a spiritual wake up call and really got me thinking. Now how do I keep this desire and want going? Lots of times, at least for me, I have all this energy and passion after I listen to something or spend a week someplace, then over time I lose it again. It irritates me so badly and I wish there was a way I could keep that fire and passion going....

That is my notes for the week! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Hey!! I LOVE seeing all of your guys' notes!!! I havnt been able to take notes lately because I had to teach but I will be able to get some notes this week and share them with y'all. cheers

Kylee Gaukel

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:19 am

I do not have enough time to type up all of my pastor sermons, but if you would would like to listen to them he posts all of them on our church website. The website is newlifeinchristbaptist.com there is lots of sermons if your interested.
Your Sister in Christ
Kylee Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tabi

Tabi

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:38 pm

My pastor has been talking about the Holy Spirit, which i have never really thought much about before.
I've always thought about the Holy Spirit as being something that was just there and nobody really thought about it, but the Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity! He is God!
It's been really cool to learn about:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sermon notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sermon notes   Sermon notes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sermon notes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TeenPact Wyoming  :: General Discussion-
Jump to: