TeenPact Wyoming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TeenPact Wyoming

A forum dedicated to help TeenPact Wyoming attendees keep in touch.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Exhort one another..."

Go down 
+2
Rachel P.
Gov. Elijah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gov. Elijah
Admin
Gov. Elijah

"Exhort one another..." Empty
PostSubject: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Hebrews 3:13 tells us to "Exhort one another daily while it is still called today, lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin."

Considering this Biblical mandate and the need for godly fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ, I've started this thread. Use it to share what the Lord has been teaching you, powerful Scripture verses and your thoughts.

I look forward to hearing how our great King has been working in your lives!

In Christ,
Elijah
Galatians 2:20
Back to top Go down
http://elijahlowry.blogspot.com/
Rachel P.

Rachel P.

PostSubject: Re: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Elijah, God has been teaching me so much the past few months, I can't even begin to put it all into words! I'll try and get the important things though.
To start off with, on my mission trip in October, God really worked in my heart and told me that for one, I don't have to be good enough, smart enough, capable enough, etc. I can't be "enough," because only God is enough. To accomplish anything, first I have to trust Him, but it's also ok to trust other people.
Also on the trip, the main topic that kept popping up everywhere was motives. You can do the right thing, but if your heart is in the wrong place, it's still wrong. Your motives mean more than your actions, because even if you are doing everything right on the outside, you can still be doing everything wrong on the inside. And a lot of the time, it's really hard to determine what your reasons for doing something are. You don't just think, "I'm doing this because I want to look good," or whatever, every time you do something. You really have to dig deep and search out where your heart is really at and what your motives really are because it's easy enough to tell yourself that you're doing something out of pure motives or to not even think about why you're doing what you're doing. (If that made any sense) We all felt that message strongly on the trip.
Then lately, God has been showing me just how many people I'm impacting every day, every week. Which has made me realize just what kind of example I'm setting for them. (Really scary) He's been trying to get through to me for a long time how I need to control my words better, and I think it's finally hitting home. It's going to be a long road to get to where He wants me to be, but so long as He takes me there, it's all good.

Wow. That was a lot, but again, God has been teaching me so much, that's only a little bit of it. He is so amazing, so incredible and so so SO patient.

Not to us, O LORD, not to us, But to Your name give glory Because of Your lovingkindness, because of Your truth. ~ Psalm 115:1

Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

PostSubject: Re: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:35 pm

Elijah,
I think this is a great idea Exclamation I need godly fellowship from time to time and now I know where to come to get it! Very Happy

What God has been teaching me...hmm...He has been teaching me a TON.

I think God has been teaching me that I need to give up trying to run my life the way I want it to be and let God be the pilot of my plane because to be honest when I am in the pilot seat the plane is going down and its going fast. But when God touches me on the shoulder and He lets me know that He is here in my panic and I realize that I cant and He can and I jump up and hand Him the control board then that plane all the sudden eases back up into the sky so that it can soar again. When He touches me on the shoulder its kinda like when you are day dreaming and someone comes up and smacks you upside the head. Its powerful stuff man! Smile I like using this analogy (obviously) because its the last one I used to explain my life. Smile

Isnt it amazing how our BIG God uses such little things when we are all in our BIG mess to show us little people a BIG lesson and we all stand back and say..."why didnt I think of that?" or "wow!" and God just sits there and smiles? Wink I love my daddy dont you? Very Happy

Your sis in Him,
Brooke

Proverbs 23:26
My son give me your heart ant your eyes keep on my ways
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

PostSubject: Re: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:00 pm

WOW!! Incredible testamonies!

I'v been on the same road, and in the same plane Smile

God has been showing me how blind I am!! I felt like I was ahead, and well accomplished, and I was until I met you people Very Happy !! God showed me through all of you where my strengths and weaknesses were.
Before I came to TeenPact I felt just a bit of pride in my homework and in myself. I have been through this whole pride thing before in my life, I've done it all, and I definitely got a truck load of T shirts, tongue
and I learned my lesson from God, "DO NOT let pride stand before friendship, it's not worth it!"

I was put back into my humble place ( and I did get smacked upside the head Brook) and instead of getting angry and competitive, I was encouraged, and refreshed! That smack felt so good! But, it left a mark that I'll never forget. Like I said in an email a while back, you all have inspired me to learn more! I'm reading a lot more study , memorizing the Bible Idea , studying the costitution, Shocked and for the first time, I'm motivated to write, and work on my public speaking skills Exclamation
The surge of this motivation needs to keep on going! So many of you are gifted with strong, God filled personalities that have struck a string of inspiration in my life!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Praise God who made you all cheers

~ 1Peter 5:5-6

He is so patient Smile How He Loves (John Mark McMillan)

TODAY IS MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY!!!! sunny I will say that my parents training and bringing me up in a Christian home is such a precious gift. It is one of the most valuable things I have in my life. flower
Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

PostSubject: Re: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:22 am

Avery likes the emoticons Exclamation lol! I am glad you agree! haha (on the getting hit upside the head by God) it does feel good its like your opened to a whole new world only in God colored glasses. afro I also learned a TON from each one of you. Smile By the way, I put the afro guy up for the glasses not to say that God has an afro. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kylee Gaukel

Kylee Gaukel

PostSubject: Re: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Wow!!!
This is so great, where I live I have very few Christian peolpe my age. It is so awesome to get on hear and see the passion everyone has for God!!!! Just lately God has shown me that I need to every minute of my day to glorify Him!!!!
Also, one of my good friends and neighbors has been in the hospital in Denver for a month and a half. He was getting a kidney Transplant, and it wasn't going very well. Just today we called his wife and she said he is doing much better, and will be moved to a different hosptial!!! God is showing me the power of prayer. Please continue to pray as he is not saved, and needs the Lord in His Life.
Thanks again
Your sister in Christ
Kylee
Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

PostSubject: Re: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:23 am

@Kylee-I will be praying for the family. Smile
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

PostSubject: Re: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:38 pm

yesss, I did get carried away with the emocons. BUT HOW CAN YOU NOT WHEN THERE IS THIS HUGE PANEL OF THEM RIGHT THERE?????!!!!! Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral Laughing Cool Shocked Surprised Sad Smile Very Happy Mad Razz

Ok ok ok, I'll stop.

silent

Last edited by Avery Rothleutner on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rachel P.

Rachel P.

PostSubject: Re: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:42 pm

I use emoticons a lot simply because, being a mime, I use my face a lot to express myself. Obviously, when you're typing, you can't do that, so I try to make up for it, but it's not nearly as effective. :/
Back to top Go down
Kylee Gaukel

Kylee Gaukel

PostSubject: Re: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:35 pm

I love the emoticons Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Jesus is just so great Exclamation He keeps showing me that I need Him, and that I can't do anything on my own. He showers me with blessings and now on this website I can talk to and pray for Christians around my age!!!
Jesus, you blow my mind Exclamation Exclamation

Your Sister in Christ
Kylee
Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

PostSubject: Re: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:38 pm

@Avery, Yeah they are kinda hard to stay away from. Very Happy
@Rachel, I always got lectured over the whole face thing while miming. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bailey Fritzen

Bailey Fritzen

PostSubject: Re: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:57 pm

An encouraging word: Christ not only saved us from the PENALTY of our sin but also, through the power of the Holy Spitrt, moment by moment from the POWER of sin. I was just really blessed when my paster reminded me this morning, we no longer have to meet God's expectations on our own but instead through the Power of the Holy Spirit living in us and through us, now we truly can do all things to glory of our Father, and King. It is my prayer, that we would all DECREASE, so the power of God in us may INCREASE! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Exhort one another..."   "Exhort one another..." I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Exhort one another..."
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TeenPact Wyoming  :: General Discussion-
Jump to: