TeenPact Wyoming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TeenPact Wyoming

A forum dedicated to help TeenPact Wyoming attendees keep in touch.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fundraiser

Go down 
+2
Rachel P.
Alyssa Barnsdale
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alyssa Barnsdale

Alyssa Barnsdale

Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Fundraiser   Fundraiser I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Time to rack your guys's hard working brains. Smile

I am really wanting to go to survival this coming fall, Wyoming next year, as well as the Colorado state class and maybe even Nebraska if they get one there next year.

This is where you need to help...

Do you guys have any ideas on fundraisers I could do this summer? Preferably something that I could do myself or with just a few people?
Back to top Go down
Rachel P.

Rachel P.

Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser   Fundraiser I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:02 am

Well, there's always your typical car washes, yard work, snow shoveling, etc. etc... but who wants to do those anyway?
You could hold a yard sale, or if you want it to be really fun, you could send invitations to everyone you know, that all say something like this...

"You are cordially invited to the most forgettable event of the season, a Mime Choir Performance! (or whatever else you think of)
Date: Whenever you choose
Place: Wherever you would like best
Time: Anytime that suits you

RSVP: I appreciate not having to attend the Mime Choir Performance and herewith enclose $_____."

If you want to, you can add that if they give a certain amount of money or more, they not only get to skip this year's performance, but they get to skip next year's too! Very Happy

Or, (I'm sure Kaitlin and Kylee would help with this one) You could mark out a circle in a large area, such as a parking lot or grass or whatever, and stand in the middle. Fill a bunch of water balloons, then tell all your friends, enemies, acquaintances, neighbors and anyone else you can find that they can pay a dollar to throw a water balloon at you. Of course, you would have to be willing to have these thrown at you, and they have to stand outside the circle. This one can be switched up in a bunch of different ways, such as cream pies or whatever. You can also change the price to whatever you think is reasonable.

If those don't sound good, I can send you some more subtle ideas. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Barnsdale

Alyssa Barnsdale

Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser   Fundraiser I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:05 am

I like the water ballon idea. That is pretty neat!
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser   Fundraiser I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Yard work in the summer! Once you get the hang of it, you will take pride in your good work. I know a lot about lawn care, and some gardening. flower
Back to top Go down
MykaylaCalhoun

MykaylaCalhoun

Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser   Fundraiser I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:11 pm

I dunno Alyssa... my church is attempting to raise awareness for TeenPact in Nebraska so that we can have one. They have offered to (if and only if NE get's it) send two kids to the Capitol for TeenPact.
I'm working at the library and for my Dad this summer to pay for next year's WY TeenPact because hanging around Wyoming-ins is just so much fun... Embarassed ....
Elderly people (well actually most) would be flipped to learn that a teenager is interested in attending... just a thought...
The Lord will provide...
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser   Fundraiser I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy You know, I think Rachael hit the jackpot!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The water balloon idea is very clever Smile

If I ever need funds I'll try that bounce
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Gaukel

Kaitlin Gaukel

Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser   Fundraiser I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Rachel, does this mean they will throw them at me? Cause if so, sorry Alyssa! Smile I like the invite idea, that would be very interesting! I guess you could do what we are doing for Jr. Leaders but that might get a little old.
Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser   Fundraiser I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:35 am

We did a lot of fundraising for our 4-H club a few years ago but I cant really remember them all. You could sell pizzas or have a bake sale,or shovel snow in the winter or do lawn work in the summer,or you could do a lemonade stand like we all used to do when we were little Wink ,or you could create a band and play in parks or something, or you could create a blog/website thingy and tell all about teenpact on there and then make flyers and post them in all the stores and around town and people will go to your web/blog and see what its about and then be more motivated to donate to you. Or there is always your little siblings you can bring them with you dressed in a flyer type thing and then you will get a lot of people to donate. Wink These are just a few on the top of my head. Too bad we dont all live in Laramie we could all get together and do something. Its always easier with a group. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser   Fundraiser I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fundraiser
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TeenPact Wyoming  :: General Discussion-
Jump to: