TeenPact Wyoming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TeenPact Wyoming

A forum dedicated to help TeenPact Wyoming attendees keep in touch.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite Scriptures & Songs

Go down 
+6
Kylee Gaukel
Tabi
Haley W
MykaylaCalhoun
Rachel P.
Avery R.
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Avery R.

Avery R.

Favorite Scriptures & Songs  Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:15 am

This could eventually turn into a great Bible study! Post your scripture references and we will all comment our thoughts.

FAVORITE SONGS! A great way to get to know one another!

Your adoptedbrotherinthekingdomofGOD

Avery!!

Very Happy 2 Peter is a great place to start Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rachel P.

Rachel P.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Well, my favorite scripture of the moment is probably the entire book of James or 1st John. (Yeah, go figure, the ones I'm studying... Very Happy)

As for favorite songs, that one's a bit harder. Maybe "Ready for the Storm" by Rich Mullins, or "Reach" by Peter Furler. My favorite songs change constantly though, so it's hard to tell.
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:55 am

Mine do too!! I love Reach! bounce

I am an Old Newsboys fan tongue
Back to top Go down
MykaylaCalhoun

MykaylaCalhoun

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:59 pm

It's really, really hard to pick a favorite scripture... at least for me. I'm really into the Book of Daniel right now and Joshua, however I really love Proverbs...
Back to top Go down
Haley W

Haley W

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:32 pm

Favorite Scripture: Hmm....I really love the gospel of John. Every word sends life-giving tingles down my spine. Very Happy But, narrowing it down to an actual reference, it's a three way tie between the following: Is. 41:10, 17-20, Col. 3, and 2 Cor. 4:6-7.
MOST AMAZING VERSES EVER! Smile Smile Smile

Favorite song?
Contemporary: Can't Get Over You (Anthem Lights), Prodigal (Michael Gungor), Wonder of the Cross (Vikki Beeching).
Hymn: It is Well, Oh Lord of Hosts how Lovely, and God leads us along. Smile

I simply cannot narrow it down further.
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:55 pm

Here's a question for all of you (from my pastor's sermon today)
A good song to go with this scripture, "God Is Great" (Marty Sampson, Hillsong)
study First read John 4:19-24

In this scripture, we see how there was separation of the church, when and where people should worship.
How should we define worship? Its not just going to church every Sunday is it?
Along with singing at church on Sunday, we must define the following actions as worship:
Offering
Serving
Walking by the spirit
Obedience
Applying the WORD
Faith
Belief
Action
Helping one another

every day every where.

Can anyone think of any more ways to worship?

Back to top Go down
Tabi

Tabi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:22 pm

I think you can worship anywhere you want, and i believe that worship isn't really just singing, it's when you are opening your heart up to God and praising him. Very Happy It's all about the heart
Back to top Go down
Kylee Gaukel

Kylee Gaukel

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Right now my favorite Scripture would have to be, Galatians 2:20 or 1Peter 3:15-16.
As for song there is so many good ones. But I really like Natalie Grant Alive and Casting Crowns Couragous..
Really I love Klove.
Basketball ( I just put the smiley face cause I thought it was cute) Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:49 am

Hey we should instead of just typing the references to our verses we should do the whole verse and then explain the verse in our own words and how it applies to our lives so we can all see the verse in different ways. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abby Gettinger

Abby Gettinger

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Hey, guys!

I love everyone's Bible verses and passages! Haley, Isaiah 41:10 is my favorite Scripture verse of all time.

The Scriptures that stood out to me today would be:

Psalm 62:5-8 "My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken. On God my salvation and my glory rest; the rock of my strength, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us."

2 Corinthians 5:6-9 "Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord- for we walk by faith, not by sight- we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him."

2 Corinthians 4: 16-17 "Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

My favorite songs (today Wink) are, "Draw Me Nearer" and "The River" by Meredith Andrews and "Battle Remix" by Chris August. My favorite songs change from day to day. Smile

Your sister in Christ,
Abby
2 Corinthians 13:11

Back to top Go down
Tabi

Tabi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:08 pm

Background by Lecrae is a really good song!
A really good verse that i found last night is, " Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering,for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23
Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Does anybody like Jamie Grace? I LOVE her!!! I love you haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:16 pm

"I Can't Get Over You" is one of my favorites! "Alive" (N. Grant) is the most powerful Resurrection song I have ever heard! I'm trying to get my mom to sing it at church on Easter Sunday.
My other favorites of the day are:
My Hope is in You ( Aaron Shust)
Strong Enough to Save ( Tenth Avenue North)
Remind Me Who I Am ( Jason Grey)
Our God's Alive (Andy Cherry) i love this song!!
Let Me Feel You Shine ( David Crowder Band)
AND some of my SUPER favorites:
I Have a Dream (The City Harmonic) you must hear it!!!!
From the Inside Out ( Ruben Morgan Hillsong)
Overcome ( Jeremy Camp)
Here in Your Presence ( Jon Egan)
Your Great Name (Natalie Grant)
Forever Reign (Ruben Morgan, Jason Ingram)
I Lift My Hands (Chris Tomlin, Louie Giglio, Matt Maher)

Can't tell that I have been listening to K-Love today now canya!?! Very Happy Very Happy

Tabi, that was right on the point! We need to worship with the way we truly serve others from our hearts.
Back to top Go down
Rachel P.

Rachel P.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:38 pm

I like "Remind Me Who I Am" and "Our God's Alive" too. If long lists are allowed, here's mine...

The Book, by Michael Card
Take me away, by Globus (I'm not sure if they're a Christian band or not, but one of my friends and I are choreographing a mime to this one)
Beauty of Grace, by Krystal Meyers
What do I know of Holy, by Addison Road
Halo, by Manic Drive
Ready for the Storm, by Rich Mullins
What if, by Pure NRG (a song we're doing with the mini-mimes)
And pretty much any Celtic music.

I tend to like larger portions better than single verses, so I probably won't put down the whole thing, just the references. I'm memorizing James currently, so that's high on the list of scriptures. Proverbs 30 and 31 have always been favorites of mine, as well as 1st Corinthians 13.
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Ha! It is so hard to choose a favorite! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rachel P.

Rachel P.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:40 pm

I know right!
Back to top Go down
Haley W

Haley W

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:29 am

Avery!!! That is totally my list! Haha....we love *all* the same music. Literally.
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Has anyone ever noticed how music makes the world spin? If you think about it, absolutely everyone has a favorite style of music. Whether its Christian or not, everyone listens to music.

I believe in the power of Christian music for ministry. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brooke
Admin
Brooke

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:18 pm

I TOTALLY agree!!! Very Happy If music didnt exist then the world would be so boring and soundless. Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Rachel P.

Rachel P.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:29 pm

I could not live without music! Music reaches me deeper than anything else.
I agree, it can definitely be a ministry, I know it has been to me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gov. Elijah
Admin
Gov. Elijah

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:04 am

Music has incredible spiritual power that we often take for granted or don't understand. The Bible says that when David played his music for Saul, the evil spirit that was in him left. Godly music also reaches people in a really deep way, like Rachel said.

My #1 favorite song of all time is 'In Christ Alone' by the Getttys. I also love:
How Deep The Father's Love for Us
Ten Thousand Angels
When I Survey
Amazing Grace (duh)
It is Well
The Love of God
Rock of Ages
Redeemed
etc, etc, etc...

As for contemporary music, I don't listen to too much of it, but I like most of the Newsboys (old and new) and a few various other artists.

I also love soundtrack style music and Celtic music.
Back to top Go down
http://elijahlowry.blogspot.com/
Rachel P.

Rachel P.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 am

Have any of you ever heard of the Piano Guys? Their music is really awesome!

Here's one of their songs,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gosY-UrpHcA
Back to top Go down
Breckin

Breckin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:41 pm

My favrite song right now is in Christ alone. and my favrite Bible verse is 1 Corinthians 4:13
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:12 pm

My favorite song today is Sidewalk Prophets Live Like That,, It really makes you think about the way you live your life........

1John 1:9

Very Happy Welcome to the forum Breckin!!
Back to top Go down
Avery R.

Avery R.

PostSubject: Psalm 96   Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:18 am

1 Sing to the lord a new song;
sing to the lord, all the earth.
2 Sing to the lord, praise his name;
proclaim his salvation day after day.
3 Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
4 For great is the lord and most worthy of praise;
he is to be feared above all gods.
5 For all the gods of the nations are idols,
but the lord made the heavens.
6 Splendor and majesty are before him;
strength and glory are in his sanctuary.
7 Ascribe to the lord, all you families of nations,
ascribe to the lord glory and strength.
8 Ascribe to the lord the glory due his name;
bring an offering and come into his courts.
9 Worship the lord in the splendor of his holiness;
tremble before him, all the earth.
10 Say among the nations, "The lord reigns."
The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved;
he will judge the peoples with equity.
11 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
let the sea resound, and all that is in it.
12 Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them;
let all the trees of the forest sing for joy.
13 Let all creation rejoice before the lord, for he comes,
he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
and the peoples in his faithfulness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scriptures & Songs    Favorite Scriptures & Songs  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Scriptures & Songs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TeenPact Wyoming  :: General Discussion-
Jump to: